Argentina is one of the best football countries. Their footballers are some of the best in the world. But, there are many interesting facts about this country. It is nice when you know a fact or two. If you live in Argentina, you probably already know all of them. But, if you are planning to live, you should start learning right now.
1. In 1913, Argentina was one of the wealthiest nation in the world. In fact, it was 10th wealthiest nation. Today, they are 54th.
2. During the dictatorships in Argentina, people who opposed, were pushed out of an airplane. They had weights attached to their feet.
3. This country had 5 presidents in 10 days. This happened in 2001.
4. Political parties have their own beer brands in Argentina.
5. Pope Francis used to work in Argentina, as a bar bouncer.
6. Diego Maradona, a retired Argentinian footballer, had his own religion. It was made by his fans.
7. Colgate, a toothpaste, on Spanish language means "Go Hang Yourself."
8. A farmer from Argentina, made the forest look like a huge guitar. Of course, you can see this only from the air.
9. 9th of July in Argentina is the widest avenue in the world. It has 14 lanes and additional 4 lanes of parallel streets.
10. This country has the highest number of psychiatrists in the world.
11. An average person in Argentina, spends 20 hours every week listening to the radio. This is much more than in other countries.
12. Japan has the highest rates of anorexia. Argentina is on the second place.
13. If you want buy dollars, you must ask the government for permission.